Friday, June 11, 2010

Raavan is a lifetime experience: Munna







All eyes are on Raavan and its lead cast - Vikram, Abhishek and Aishwarya Rai. And young, upcoming actor Munna, who is also a part of the magnum opus, prefers to keep a studious silence.

We probe him about his role in the film and his experience of working with the legend called Mani Ratnam.

'Raavan is a dream come true for me,' said Munna. 'Though I may have only a very small role in the film, my role as Sakkarai will remain in everyone's mind after you watch it.'

I play Sakkarai, Veera [Vikram's] younger brother who is very close to him. I shot for almost 150 days along with the entire unit.

Prabhu sir and Vikram sir helped me a lot. They took care of me and supported me. Acting with these two legends has made me a natural actor.

Prithviraj, Karthik sir and Priya Mani were also supportive and we became more like a family.

Mani sir is an institution and I feel blessed to have worked with him at such an early stage in my career. He gets the best out of each and every actor and even enacts the scenes to us.

Your experience working in Raavan.

We shot in adverse conditions like heat, rain, cold and dirt in forests. We used to wake up around 5 a.m. and then travel for almost two hours to reach the location. Then we used to wait for sunlight and, meanwhile, do rehearsals. Thinking back about those days, I feel that Raavan was a lifetime experience for all of us.

Why did you tonsure your head?

I have a very small but significant role and the icing on the cake is that I have two different looks in the film.

In the first half, I have this normal look but in the climax, I tonsure my head and had to maintain it for over 25 days. In fact, I shaved my head 25 times during the shoot for continuity purposes.

Do you think your role will be chopped at the editing table?

I don't care even if I am there in 2 scenes in the film. After, all it was working with Mani sir that I enjoyed and will cherish for a lifetime.

What are the two things that you learned working with Mani Ratnam?

First and foremost it is discipline, hard work and passion towards ones work. Second, I think is that I have started getting up early morning now. (Laughs.)

On Aishwarya.

She is such a sweet, down-to-earth person. She knows everyone in the unit by name and the way in which she went out of her way to do risky shots is something to be admired. Her commitment is amazing and she will go to any extent to get her shot correct.

On songs in the film.

Mani sir takes double strain for song sequences than scenes. I am there in two songs in the film, and the amount of time and energy that he invests in song picturisation has to be seen to be believed. No wonder songs from any Mani Ratnam film stands out.

......................................................................................
Join Here : http://www.orkut.com/Main#Community?cmm=6136651 [Official Orkut Community of Prithviraj]

Latest Updates : http://twitter.com/PrithviNews

Follow Us : http://twitter.com/PrithvirajBlog
......................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment