Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Priya breaks down while dubbing


National award winning actress Priya Mani is excited about the much talked about bilingual film Asokavanam in Tamil and Raavan in Hindi under ace filmmaker Mani Ratnam’s direction. The actress was not awarded the Kerala state award despite a mind-blowing performance in Trikatha since she had not dubbed for it. The dusky beauty is in no mood to take chances anymore and let another award slip out of her hands.

Recently in Chennai for Mani’s film, Priya dubbed the Tamil and Hindi version. “I know Hindi well and Mani sir persuaded me to dub for both the versions. I was game. They started with Hindi and Mani’s associates like Azhagam Perumal helped me with my diction,” an elated Priya told this newspaper.

She said she had completed the dubbing except for an emotional scene. “They wanted me to do that after I finished the Tamil portions to get the right feel. The next day I was to dub for Tamil, which had a Tirunelveli dialect and Mani sir was particular that he was present with me,” she says. When Priya was asked to emote in Hindi, it was when she did it for the second time that she cracked. “Suddenly I realised that the scene was so touching that my voice choked halfway through and I broke down completely,” she says teary-eyed. The chirpy actress feels Raavan will open a new chapter in her career in Bollywood.

Isn’t she starring in RGV’s trilingual Raktha Charithra opposite Suriya? “I haven’t signed it still. I am yet to meet Ram Gopal Varma sir. They have called me on March 2 to Mumbai for further discussions,” she clarifies. What about rumours of a romance brewing with Tollywood actor Jagapathi Babu? Laughing out loud, she denies it.

“C’mon, he is a married man. Just because we have acted in three films doesn’t mean that I share a special relationship with him. Of course, we vibe well and are good friends.” She says her kitty is full with Telugu and Kannada offers and talks are on for a big Tamil project.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tabloids/priya-breaks-down-while-dubbing-399

No comments:

Post a Comment